Friday, October 20, 2006

We Fellow Graduands

It been quite hectic for the last day or so. Printing this, posting up that, rushing here and rushing there. The whole place is a buzz with activity. It's strange too for me personally being both a helper in the celebrations and a participant as well! Someone said, in response to me saying that I will be graduating next Thursday, "oh so your having a day off then!" Cheek!

They've put a banner up on the side of the library facing out towards Taggart Ave: "Graduation 2006" it says in enormous letters. I've never seen such a big Hope Logo!

This is something special about this place you know. And I'm not just a customer anymore. I suppose I'm part of making that special-ness now. I like it here, I really do. It reminds me a lot of Brockwood Park, near Winchester. Brockwood is a retreat, if you like, but the buildings are very like Hope's and the feel of the place is similar. I'd recommend Brockwood to anyone who wants to really get away from it all. I know of no place quieter, and you meet some amazing people. Check out the link (right >>>) for Kinfonet.

The Count-down to the big day continues. . .

2 Comments:

At 17:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when I visited Brockwood for a brief time, it had that feeling you described for me too, a certain peace, but not a lazy peace, calm, but not sleepy... it was weird. It was like standing in the middle of a forest, feeling totally content and syntonic with your surroundings, and yet you can here the sheer immensity of life buzzing and moving and growing around you.

 
At 18:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... And I can remember leaving there one time with the feeling, no, the 'state', of being emptied out of all my problems and cares; Like I was walking on air and moving in a kind of soup (for want of a better term). I know it felt great; One of the greatest things I have ever felt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home